Its a great time of year in Cape Town. The wind has mostly died (although having said this there are predictions for 50km winds later this week) and the first few showers have started. The days have that icy tinge to them and the evenings are cold enough to snuggle up in your duvet.
It also means that business is slow. By May the guests have all but dried up and in fact its a bit of a mission getting fired up again when one arrives. Not unhappy though. Its expected at this time of year and fortunately its been a busy season and there should be enough to carry us through.
At this stage I long for mornings where I can sleep in instead of getting up to set tables, cook breakfast and make vaguely intelligent conversation.
Also there is some new business in the air. My other business - thats one that sells computers - is taking a new direction and I am trying to learn about PHP and MySql. Something to fall back on when we eventually sell the guest house - also very portable. My friend Geoff has also offered to let me help out with his persononnel business so maybe there will be an extra income stream there.
For now its the holiday to celebrate freedom day and I'm planning to make the most of it!
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment